Monday, April 23, 2007

no or NO!!!!!

I feel like I'm rebelling against my blog. I swear I'm not but it's been almost a week since my last post. During the week I typically have time to write but for some reason I didn't want to last week. Hopefully I will get past my blog fog and write, write, write.

My in-laws arrived last Thursday for a visit. Most of our time has been filled with family, including my sister-in-law, her husband and 3 kids. We have eaten a lot of yummy food including Mexican yesterday. Oh it was delicious. We did manage to squeeze in some quiet time and watch two movies...Children of Men and Babel. Both were good movies, I would actually see Children of Men again to make sure I absorbed it all. Babel wasn't exactly everything I expected, although it was still a decent movie.

Lily is enjoying all the attention. Well, maybe not all the attention. Her cousins enjoy "taunting" her to a certain extent. Lily is a kid who needs her personal space. She needs a few minutes to warm up to someone new before they hold and hug and kiss her. Although she's only 18 months and is lacking the necessary verbal skills to communicate her disdane for invasion of personal space, it's clear to her parents when enough is enough. She is very good about saying NO. Sometimes she will say no but might actually mean yes. For instance if you ask her if she wants something to eat and she may reply "no" but start eating the food. This falls under the simple "no" category. But the other category belongs to "NO!!!!!" and she means this when she really doesn't want to do something and if you push her, she will get even more pissed. This is the point where her father and I stop. Others haven't quite learned that yet. The "taunting" that my nieces and nephew do is basically to elicit the "NO!!!!!" response and then they continue to do it, laughing as she gets louder and forcefully shrugs them off. Soon enough they will be sorry and she will be able to stand up for herself.

Baby boy is reminding me of his presence frequently throughout the day. And I'm loving it. He is predictable, kicking after meals or when I sit down. My 2 nieces both felt him kicking this past weekend. My younger niece, Syd, removed her hand quickly after feeling him. I think he scared her. My other niece, Kelsey, is very interested in my pregnancy. She remembered our ultrasound date when others didn't. She always asks how I am feeling and notices my growing belly. Kelsey has also taken an interest in Lily that the other kids don't. She likes to try to entertain her, like a little babysitter. I'm looking forward to the day when she can really babysit. She's a bit young now but in a few years she's all mine!

No comments: