Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring..where are you??










I’m looking forward to spring because…

I want to go on walks with Lily and talk to her about birds, trees, flowers, grass. Her mind is a sponge right now and it’s up to me to help her absorb life.

Lily can wear skirts or shorts. I like to see her little, chubby, toddler legs.

Our due date will be closer (okay, this also makes me freak a little- 2 kids!! Clean out the spare room!! Wash baby clothes!!!)

Saturdays are spent watching my 9 year old niece play soccer. Sundays are spent watching my 31 year old husband play ultimate frisbee likes he’s 9 years old.

The smell of food on the BBQ. This is good for multiple reasons, mainly cuz Randy does the grilling.

Leaving windows open and smelling the fresh, crisp Colorado air.

Not needing to scrape my van windows in the morning. I’m already late to work and when I see that layer of ice…well, it really pisses me off.

Longer days. It’s so sad when I take a morning shower and see only darkness out the bathroom window. It only makes me want to crawl back to bed where my sleepy husband is nice and warm.

Blowing bubbles, playing ring around the rosey. We did this a lot for approximately 2 weeks when the weather hinted at spring. Frozen bubbles and wet pants don’t make either of these activities enjoyable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely list! I can relate to almost all them!

[Got to you through the carnival btw.]