Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Boy???

Today we had a doctor appointment and everything was great. We listened to the heart beat and it was 140 beats per minute. Immediately the doctor said "BOY!!" but it's just an old wive's tale that a lower heart rate indicates a baby boy. Anyhow, baby is doing well and so I am.

Right before the doctor came in the room Randy and I might have decided our girl name. Of course, just in time for the doctor to suggest we are having a boy. Anyhow, we both like it so I guess we will have to wait a while longer to know if we will be using that name. We haven't talked about openly discussing baby names with family and friends. My initial thought is NO WAY!! With our first pregnancy we mentioned the name Lily to my sister-in-law she immediately said "Ewww!" because of some evil lady from a soap opera she watched. So that is why we never told anyone of our previous baby names. Obviously it didn't stop us from choosing that name, what really matters is that Randy and I love the name (and hopefully baby does too someday). We are pretty conscientious about names and think a lot about what the name rhymes with or what little kids could say to make fun of the name. I would like a shorter name because we have a longer last name. This is not an easy decision! This baby will live with this name FOREVER.

On a side note Randy also decided (by himself) on a boy name...Mac Mick. Now those of you who know my last name can laugh out loud. And those of you that don't will still probably laugh out loud. He decided we could use the nicknames of M&M or Mmm. Yep, that's my husband. Don't worry, I vetoed it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yup, lil' Mac Mick would never get mocked for his moniker. :) That cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

mickey mouse? Mick Mo for short.

Staci said...

Both of my girls had heartbeats in the higher range, indicating "girl" based on the old wives' tale. So it could be...

I'm so curious about your girl name now...

Anonymous said...

Don't know where this came from but, a secretary in my dept came up to me the other day and said that she had a dream that my niece had a baby girl. I asked if she knew I really did have a niece that was pregnant and she had no idea (I didn't think I had told her but thought maybe Steph had). She can't wait to find out if it's really a girl! Barb S