Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I had morning duties with Lily today. This means I get myself out of bed, shower, dress, do hair and makeup, let dogs outside to do their thing, gather food for the day, feed the dogs, dress squirmy child, and drop off at daycare. All of these events have to occur before 7:30AM when I am supposed to start work. Now, on a good day I arrive at work on time. I’ve mentioned before how I have some difficulties getting myself up and to work on time. Throw in dog and child duty and I’m surprised I made it to work before 11AM. I was helped awake by Randy who was getting ready for his day which was a lot earlier than normal. I actually had time to do everything mentioned above. I’m not saying I got to work on time but I did get there before 8AM. I was proud. Mornings with Lily are very entertaining. She is one happy camper in the mornings. I couldn’t see Randy but when I told him I put her hair in a pony tail I’m sure he rolled his eyes. Randy doesn’t do pony tails. It’s fun having a daughter and dressing her up, even if it’s just for a day at daycare. Here is a picture from this morning...
















When I wonder what this baby is inside me…a boy or a girl I get excited either way. Not too long ago the thought of one girl let alone multiple girls freaked me out. My friend, Karen, and I decided that having all boys would be a great thing. At the time of this conclusion, raising boys seemed to be easier than girls, a lot of that has to do with pre-teen and teenage years. Now that I have a girl I realize girls are fun. Not only the dressing up, doing her hair, but she’s my daughter. We will have that special female bond forever. She is already a girlie girl. She watches me put on my makeup with curious eyes, pouts her lips for Vaseline application and carries my purse on her shoulder at least once a day, something Randy is convinced I taught her. For me it’s cute and special seeing her act girlie. I look forward to having a boy someday but the thought of having a 2nd girl doesn’t scare the daylights out of me anymore.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Aw! I love the ponytail. The only days my girls get anything beyond the simplest of barrettes for daycare are the days I get them ready. The daycare lady always knows when I was home to dress them :).

I can't believe you could have wanted all boys! Although one of Marianne's little boy-friends loves carrying around a purse and getting chapstick applied as much as the girls do. He just isn't old enough to realize he shouldn't.

Anonymous said...

OMG - that's such a cute picture...I almost cried. You are so gorgeous and Lily is quickly following her mommies footsteps. I miss you! AHHHHAHHAHAH I would think having a girl would be FUN...I never wanted a girl....but now I'll take ONE...of ANYTHING! Just the thought of shopping together makes me all giddy.