Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Randy is the B-E-S-T!!

When I came home from work yesterday Randy met me at the door and immediately made me promise to NOT go into the spare bedroom. Typically this request would be met with sheer happiness because of huge mess but when he tells me not to...then I want to. That's how it works, when I'm told to do something I rebel. Especially when I know the next day is Valentine's Day. But...I was true to my pinky promise (he made me pinky promise) and didn't go in the wild kingdom spare bedroom.

Now that I work closer to home I also work closer to Randy's work. When he asked me to lunch I was thrilled. 1.) I love going out to eat and 2.) we've never done a lunch date since I started working so close. When I called Randy this morning to make plans-- instead of meeting at the mall in between our jobs he said he would pick me up. When I told him to call when he got close...he said he would come up to my work. That was it...I knew something was up. I thought he was keeping a bouquet of flowers in the spare room and was bringing them to my work. But when he arrived he didn't have any flowers. Instead...he had LILY!!! Randy and Lily suprised me and took me to lunch (after showing off Lily to million co workers). Guess where we went to lunch??? My present favorite...Red Robin. And yes, I got the same darn sandwich I always get. Lily loved the atmosphere and enjoyed her canteloupe and corn dog. After lunch we hit the bookstore next door to use up a gift certificate. Lily (and our) favorite book is Miss Spider's Tea Party. Lily got this book as a gift from Marianne's tea/birthday party. It's the last of 2-3 books we read every night and she beams with happiness when we pull it out and read it together. Because of our gift certificate (thank you Pamela, yes I still hadn't used it from my b-day) we had to buy other Miss Spider books. Story time tonight will be very exciting! Oh yeah, I almost forgot one of the sweetest Randy moments ever. When we headed to the car to go to lunch...in my seat was a huge heart shaped Valentine. Randy hand made it...cut out the heart from posterboard, glued on felt hearts and lacey borders, etc. When I asked if he bought the heart shaped poster board because it was so perfect he told me he took measurements. That's what being married to a rocket scientist is like...perfectly shaped home made hearts! Because it was that impressive I had to share with you all...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That heart is 100% adorable. You married a seriously crafty man. :)

meredith said...

Wow--that's so sweet! :) What a great Valentine's day surprise. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, Randy, you lose your man license. that's AWESOME! Lucky girl!