Monday, February 05, 2007

The weather is warm, so warm I had to take my coat off while running errands over my lunch break. My weather feature on my homepage says 58º, tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60’s and the rest of the week in the mid 40’s! Yay! I like the snow and don’t really mind the cold. The best place in the world is being at home so I like to have excuses to stay home. Unfortunately many of our excuses have been secondary to illnesses. I’m ready for some warm temperatures even if they are short lived. Sorry to be bragging for those in SD where my weather feature says 8º, without wind chill.

Lily has been doing great. She continues to take her antibiotics but hasn’t acted sick or ran a fever for multiple days. She is back to playing with her toys, especially her dolls and stuffed animals that she slobbers with kisses. She also enjoys being in the kitchen where she gets her exploring on with in the refrigerator, the cabinets that contain Lily friendly items and the food pantry. The shelf that is equal to her curious eyes is full of baking goods and decorations. The will grab the sprinkles and carry them throughout the house. Lily has been increasingly speedy with walking. It appears she is trying to run but her little legs can’t keep up. If she does fall on her butt she will get right back up and continue on her way. Her aunt Joy gave her a spongebob fuzzy chair and she loves to sit in it. She’s not happy when her father pretends to be using the chair, it’s clearly HER chair but luckily she hasn’t started saying MINE. She does say many words, recent additions to her vocabulary include Dora (thanks to 2-3 year old girls at daycare and a ball her father just bought) and Elmo (I’m sure my aunt Julie is thrilled!). But…she started saying Elmo after receiving an Elmo sticker at her recent doctor appointment. I thought maybe she liked him enough that I got out the Elmo Julie and Mady gave her for Christmas. If you don’t know which Elmo I am talking about check out this video on Youtube…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x-VW_rCSE
The video is by someone else but as you can see by the dog’s reaction to Elmo, he tends to be scary to little people and animals. I prepped Lily by talking to Elmo myself and showing that he was harmless (sort of). She was interested enough that I turned Elmo on and pushed his tummy. Wrong move momma! I couldn’t turn him off quick enough. Elmo went back into his box but we will try again in another month.

I don’t want to jinx myself but Lily is a darn good sleeper. When people say that once you have kids you never sleep again…they can be wrong. I know we are probably pregnant with a child that will never sleep but as for Lily she is awesome! We start her bedtime routine at 6:30 and she is asleep by 6:45-7PM. She doesn’t wake up until 7AM or on weekends she may sleep in past 8AM. This past Sunday Randy and I laid in bed, waiting for her to wake up. We were just fine staying in bed cuz it’s the most comfortable bed in the world but we were clearly awake long before she made a peep. Once she does start to talk to herself we will go into her room and she will stand up and hand us her blanket while she walks around in her crib. Randy taught her how to turn on her mobile and music so now she does this every morning. But for some reason she doesn’t do it until we come into her room. Otherwise I guess she just lies there, talking to herself or her stuffed doll until we come and get her.

Because she loves her baby dolls we have started talking about the baby in momma’s belly. She smiles and will rub or pat my belly. Fingers crossed she will still like babies when her new baby brother or sister enters the world!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Don't worry. Both my girls have been good sleepers. It can happen that you just get lucky that way. I mean, they don't go to bed THAT early, but we've been very blessed in the sleep department.

Anonymous said...

Oh course Lily will LOVE her new brother or sister. If she loves her dollies that much, I would think she would assume the responsiblity for caring for her very own real life baby! She's going to be a great big sister!