Thursday, February 15, 2007

First Dum-Dum

In the past 16 months we have experienced a lot of firsts with Lily. First baby, first poop, first smile, first tooth--you get the point. Yesterday when Randy and Lily visited me at work the receptionist scared Lily. Lily needs a while to warm up before screaming in her face how cute she is. To make the situation better or to earn points, the receptionist gave Lily a dum-dum sucker. Lily hung onto that sucker while going from office to office dealing with another person screaming in her face how adorable she is. That little sucker was a lifesaver for approximately 15 minutes until...she decided the wrapper needed to come off. I took it off. She beamed with huge smiles and didn't put the sucker down for over 30 minutes. She was covered with blue stickiness all over her mouth and hands. Silly parents that forgot baby wipes don't help the situation.





2 comments:

Staci said...

Ah, yes. I remember the first time I took Marianne into a liquor store with me and they handed her a dum-dum. I made the mistake of opening it for her as I got her into her carseat. By the time we got home, her face and all the nearby hair were gooey. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

yummy! she is blue cute...too cute!