Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hobbies

I have many hobbies that I love to do but don’t do them very often. I love to sew (although not very good, don’t ask me to sew a sleeve) and do crafty things. I can make a cute cookie bouquet or a diaper cake without problems. My absolute favorite hobby is SCRAP BOOKING. I love it. Before Lily was born I decided to make a scrap book for each child. I knew this was a huge commitment and if I did one for the first child and I HAD to make one for all of them. I made this choice because of my baby book. My mom kept baby books for all 3 kids. She might say she didn’t do a very good job cuz they aren’t finished through 5 years (which she has said before) but they are very well completed at least through the first year. The first year is the most important to me. All the changes that occur are huge events, the birth, sitting up, crawling, teething, eating, walking, etc. I love to read my baby book and get an idea what kind of baby I was. Every time there was a question about eating my mom indicated I was a picky eater and it started at 6 months of age. It’s still true to this day. Thank you mom for keeping our baby books! It is very special to me.

I started the scrap book before Lily was born and included details of my pregnancy and pregnant photos. After Lily was born our camera exploded. It didn’t break, rather it exploded by taking so many pictures ALL THE TIME. Millions of pictures + new born baby = not enough time to complete my scrap book. Right now…the scrap book is completed through bringing Lily home from the hospital. In the past 1.5 years that is all I have completed. Sad. Very.Sad. Now that I’m pregnant again I have to get a move on. My mom got me a really neat scrap book organizer. I organized all my scrap book papers, stickers, markers and stencils a few weeks ago. This organizer even rolls. I can roll on over to anyplace to scrap book.

Before I sound like a fuddy duddy I will note that I did complete a small scrap book a few months ago. When Randy was away for a long time doing rocket stuff I made him a scrap book of just him and Lily. It was as special to him as my baby book is to me.

No comments: