Tuesday, March 27, 2007

In my spare time

I like to read other blogs. Mostly mommy or pregnancy related blogs. Those are the topics that interest me these days. Gee, wonder why? It's fun to read about other moms that have a child Lily's age or ladies who 20 weeks pregnant like I am. So...I have filled up my side bar with lots of cool, fun blogs that I recently found. If you're interested take a look, if not they are there to help make my time go faster.

3 days and counting until my girl weekend. I am getting a little nervous about being away from Lily. I have only been away from her overnight ONCE. I am excited to sleep in a hotel room with no baby cries in the middle of the night or dogs pinning my legs BUT...I will be sad to not hear those baby cries if they happen. I will be sad that I won't help put Lily to bed each night, holding and rocking her while Randy reads 2 long or 3 short bed time stories. I will miss singing rock a bye baby while cradling her in my arms before placing her in the crib. I will miss seeing her in the morning as she walks around her crib playing with her mobile until she's ready to be picked up. I will miss the squirmy diaper changes and meal time messes from her spilling a plate full of food. I do know that my absence will be good for Randy and Lily. They will spend quality time together without an interruption from mom wanting to be included in their play time. But when I return home Monday you can guarantee I will pick up Lily from daycare ASAP and hug her and kiss her like no other.

1 comment:

OhTheJoys said...

I was two weeks late with The Mayor and UGH!! I had to be induced. I hope you are not late again!!

Best,
OTJ