Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend recap

The party for Nathaniel and Staci was a hit. We had a great showing of people (and a ton of kids!) and luckily the weather was perfect so we could spread out. The usual crew stayed later and played board games. As always it was a lot of fun. As Nathaniel and Staci were packing up the girls and leaving it hit me hard that it’s coming to an end. We will still see them on our trips to visit family and they will likely visit CO which helps with saying goodbye. I guess with all the party planning I forgot about the upcoming move and how sad it makes me. I can’t say much more cuz I’m pregnant and it’s not good to get a pregnant woman worked up.

Sunday was another beautiful day. We planned to have a lazy day…and it was for the most part. We spent a lot of time outside with Lily. She LOVES to be outside. So much that when we were ready to come inside she almost never is. I had to distract her so I took her upstairs to the spare room. To clean. It’s a mess, huge mess. For the past few months everything has been stored in this room. Our friend, Donny, is visiting from California this weekend so I have to clean it. Lily “helped” or at least kept me company. It’s funny how she can be entertained with a golf ball, empty boxes, and old wallets. She managed to keep herself busy for a long time while I tried to organize the room again(I did the same thing about 2 months ago). I did make some headway and removed 2 boxes of garbage and transferred a ton of baby items to the basement. I have a lot more work to do but it always feels good to organize. The countdown is on….Donny arrives Thursday.

Donny is one of our old college friends. He is always entertaining and I know we will have a lot of fun and funny times this weekend. Thankfully there will be no wood ducks around.

No comments: