Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Last night Lily was in a super happy mood. After we got home, we hung outside and played ring around the rosey. Now she will "sing" along and usually falls down in the beginning. I also pulled her in her red wagon up and down the sidewalk a few times. We chatted about the world outside while she snacked. She is getting very good about repeating words we say. Last night she said house, tree, and car. All first time words! The past 2 days have been crazy with new words and have included socks, shoes, there she is (per daycare), and thanks.

We are preparing for a p-a-r-t-y this Saturday. It's a going away/celebration of 3 additional family members for our friends Nathaniel and Staci. I like to have parties and like when family comes because it forces me to clean like a super woman. I already enjoy a good house scrubbing but something about people and new people coming over makes it kick into overdrive. Do I clean cracks that people probably wouldn't see? Yes! The minimal dust on all the doors WILL be noticed. The dust on the ceiling fan and definitely the dust on the living room light (even though it's 10 feet high) will be noticed!! Deep down I really do know that most people won't notice or won't care...but it's a great excuse to clean, clean, clean. It is making it hard to work all day...I'd rather have a day off to work on my to-do list, feeling the satisfaction of marking off each finished chore.

Regarding baby #2--I am still feeling great. I am trying to wait patiently for the kicking, head butting, elbowing to start but I am not doing so good. I can't wait for a good kick in the ribs to have that reminder things are going okay. I have tried multiple times (last being 5 minutes ago and before that was this morning in bed) to use my mind powers and make the baby move. Nothing yet. I know it will happen soon but to me it's not soon enough.

No comments: