Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend recap

We had a very busy and very fun weekend. Friday night started the action with Randy picking his friend, Ted, up at the airport at 11PM. Ted was surprising his girlfriend, Kristi and since he showed up at midnight it was a surprise. As Kristi says it was a very happy surprise. Early Saturday Randy was off lead a group of camoflouged-gun toting-crazies to shoot each other (i.e. paintball). Staci and her kiddos and Carolyn and her little girl came over for a play date until Staci left for a baby shower. It was good experience to have 3 little girls (all under 3 1/2 !!!). Having the other little girls around was good for Lily. She hasn't had to share her toys much and this was a test. At first she was reluctant, especially with Elmo, but with a little coaching she relaxed a bit. We put on music and danced around the house, built forts, and read many books. By the time the girls left for the day, Lily went down for a nap and so did I! Randy came home from paintball in one piece (minus some skin on his chin from a shot that went under his mask).

Sunday began a little crazy. We watched a couple home improvement shows with breakfast and that energized us. Are you ready for this??? I cleaned my closet. I even cleaned the space above the dresser in my closet. I organized my clothes. I should have take a picture but then I would have needed to show before photos and that's just embarrassing. I do have to say because it's MY blog that Randy has more space in the closet. There. I did escape for some Jenni time and went shopping. I had a blast walking down each aisle and taking my time. I was on a mission to find new curtains for our family room (currently curtainless) and Randy told me to find some new ones for the dining room too (yay! I've been disliking the current ones for some time). My past habit is purchasing the clearance curtains and not liking them so purchasing more clearance curtains and still not liking them. This time I am taking my time to find the perfect curtains. If we decide to keep the new ones in the dining room I will post a picture. Staci and Randy both gave their approval, now I just need to hang them to know for sure.

On Sunday afternoon we welcomed friends for game day. I never actually played a game but instead tried to keep the girls entertained. I tend to resist any game that isn't Cranium, Apples to Apples, or Catch Phrase. I don't even know what game was played but I know it involved catapult figures, guys with swords, etc. Let's just say I enjoyed reading books, blowing bubbles and pulling the girls in the wagon more than learning a new, weird and crazy game. Luckily the weather was very nice and we spent some time outside. Lily played ring around the rosey and LOVED it! She would walk with her feet side to side and fall down after everyone else did. She had the biggest smile on her face.

2 comments:

Staci said...

Thanks for playing with the girls Saturday AND Sunday! I'm not sure it was worth my time and energy trying to learn the catapult/sword game... but I gave it a shot. Next time we'll skip straight to Catch Phrase if I have a say in the matter.

Anonymous said...

We played Battle of the Sexes. It's like a trivial pursuit girls against boys. jenni, i think you would like it. sounds like you had a very fun-filled weekend! I meant to mention something about the squares in your family room and how you said you painted them. i want to see pics of those! kudos to you for "getting it together" in the spare room!!