Friday, March 23, 2007

My own personal chef

I could get used to having a personal chef. This morning, upon coming downstairs, was a homemade breakfast burrito made by our temporary personal chef Donny. Donny arrived from California yesterday and unfortunately had to wake up at an awful time of 4AM to work. Lucky for us his work included making breakfast. It was delicious.

Randy and Donny are off snowboarding. Guess where I am? Working! I remember a long time ago…the days of doing whatever you wanted and not having a care in the world. No one to tell you where to go, no one to tell you to do work. It was called college. While I did work at least 2 jobs it was EASY. Orange Julius isn’t exactly rough work, sometimes it was rough explaining for the millionth time the difference between the orginal Julius and the smoothly but that’s another post. But then again, my current job isn’t rough either. It’s the typical 9 hour work day that is rough.

In November Randy and I purchased passes to Cooper Mountain. I was excited to get back into snowboarding. I wanted to take a lesson to improve my skills and become really good. Good enough to keep up with Randy, which he would say is really good. But…before using the first of the 4 visits we discovered I was pregnant. My doctor was okay with snowboarding/skiing in the early first trimester so I kept thinking I could use my pass. Time when by…holidays kept us busy and I never used my pass. I am okay with it…I don’t mind “wasting” the money because of my growing belly. I look forward to next year when I can attempt to improve my boarding skills. For now, I will just complain that I’m working while the boys are snowboarding.

One week and counting…until my girl weekend! I’m going away with my 2 best friends, Kerry and Melissa. We are planning a lot of shopping, shopping, and more shopping. We also plan to get spa treatments…ya know…from all of that hard work shopping.

No comments: