Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"Dylan's" Birthday

Today is the induction for my bro and SIL to have their little boy. We will have a new nephew today!! They started at 8AM, central time. I will write back when I hear the big news!!!

Last night we went to my oldest nephew's band concert. It was fun to see 6th graders learning to play. He's pretty shy and we were waving like dorks trying to get him to wave back. He finally saw us and gave us a very discreet wave. Enough to satisfy us anyway!

On my husband's side we have 2 nephews and 3 nieces. "Dylan" will be our first on my side. We have enjoyed watching our nieces and nephews grow up. I have been with my husband since Payton, our oldest nephew, was 2 months old. I am happy I could be there to see them all from the beginning. They don't know life without Randy and I together. Kelsey, my almost 10 year old niece, once said she didn't think we'd ever have kids. Little did she know I was newly pregnant when she said it! They were quite excited, especially Kelsey. She was very attentive to my growing belly and they all nicknamed the baby "Fartso." They were also very excited once she was born and were even right outside the room when we delivered Lily. Now it's old news and the excitement is pretty much gone. Once Lily is responding more to people, laughing more and getting mobile I think they will take another interest.

Lily did well at the band concert. She started getting fussy after 30 minutes but was happy to be walked around. Grandma McE. was more than happy to hold her and walk her. I was a little worried about the noise, if the concert would be too loud. It wasn't at all. Plus she's used to some loud noises since we have dogs that bark for no reason and we even vaccuum under her while she's asleep in the swing.

3 comments:

Staci said...

What, no baby update?! Surely your SIL didn't take till so late at night to deliver, I hope!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni-

Pheeew! I wanted to write comments before but the darn thing wouldn't let me. So glad you fixed it:)Uncle Dillhole misses you & Randy especially Lill. Lucky for us...we have a bunch of photos when we need a fix...heeehaa! Can't wait to see you three in March. Hopefully all went well for your brother & his wife....is it a "Dylan"????

Hugs- Aunt Dillhole

P.s. Speaking of thank-you's.......Thank you so much for hosting my hubby a few weekends back! He had such a good time. One he will remember for a long time. We plan on returning the favor sooner than later:)

Jenni said...

Aunt Dillhole, what a great name!! I am still getting used to J. Dilling, since we loved your maiden name! I liked Dilltini too! No thank yous needed for hosting your wonderful husband. You guys are always welcome. Even better our house is cat free so won't be a problem for your allergies, even though you tried before. You're a trooper! We are trying to plan a Chicago getaway with Dave and Sara. Hopefully soon! We need to see baby Jack and check out your new pad.