Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a strange day. I like it Valentine's Day and I hate it. Why pick one day a year to really show someone you care. What about the other 364 days? Why buy really, really expensive flowers today when you can get three times the flowers for less money tomorrow?

My day started off like normal, I woke up late. I normally have 2 alarms but forgot to set the second one. I woke up when I should have been leaving for the bus. Oops! In my morning rush I found a card from my husband. He picks some great cards but what was better were the things he wrote. Very sweet and touching. Of course I cried, silly people. I always cry! Tonight will be our usual routine of hanging out. I couldn't be happier! That's what I love, the 3 of us together, doing nothing.

Last night Miss Lily...rolled over 3 times. Yes, I said 3 times! She was naked on her tummy (before bath time:) rolled over and smiled really big. Then again and finally I got the camera out and she cooperated with the 3rd roll. Two teeth and rolling, that's our big girl.

I have been so busy working I forgot to take my lunch break. That's why I am posting at 3:30PM. I don't get my normal hour since I have to make up for my tardiness this morning. :)

My mom sent Lily a ducky toy that makes quack-quack noises. At first she liked it but now when she hears the quack-quack she starts to stick her bottom lip out like she will cry. I remove the ducky from her view so she doesn't end up crying but it's kind of funny how something can elicit that response and it's only a ducky! Thanks anyway mom!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Ha! I love the scary toys! For Marianne's first Christmas, my grandmother gave her one of those books with a row of pictures down one side that you push when you see that picture in the story and it makes some coordinated sounds. This one was "Old McDonald", so it had all the animals. Marianne would burst into tears anytime you pushed the buttons for the noises. After a while just the sight of the book would make her start to cry. So sad. I think we still have it hidden away somewhere.