Monday, February 20, 2006

Guess who's 4 months old!

That's right, Miss Lily is 4 months old today. To celebrate, she got a cold and Randy is sick too. Hopefully we can celebrate in a healthy way in a few days. It started last Thursday night and we took her to the pediatrician on Friday. He said it was a cold and we pretty much had to wait it out. We had already been treating her chronic stuffy nose for weeks by raising the head of her bed, using the humidifier nightly and saline drops. Now we added Tylenol and lots of TLC.

Our weekend was filled with lots of couch lounging, walking the baby and watching the Olympics. I am totally into sports I never imagined I would ever like. We watched woman's curling forever and I love to watch Apollo in the short distance speed skating. Besides being sick, Randy's weekend was busy with researching wood floors and counter tops. We decided to do some home improvements with our tax return. Randy is Mr. Handyman and is enjoying this process so far. Hopefully the excitement will continue!

Diapers, this is my next order of discussion today. We have tried them all, Pampers Swaddlers, plain Pampers, Huggies Supreme, plain Huggies and Target brand. Okay, we haven't tried Luvs and likely never will. We love the Swaddlers, they're by far the best. The Target brand actually surprised us and do work pretty well, better than the Huggies anyway. We have purchased the Target brand the last few times since they are half the price of the Swaddlers. But this weekend I purchased the wrong size or at least the higher end of the weight limit and we have had so many blow outs it's crazy. I changed her outfit approximately 2.67 times a day. After we use up these diapers I will be buying the Swaddlers again. Spending a little more money will be worth not cleaning poop from leg crevices, feet and back. Yes, I said her back, somehow the poop moves around and works its way up.

Another funny poop story...I thought she might be getting constipated since I hadn't changed a poopy diaper for 4 diaper changes. This was at the start of our weekend, before the blow outs mentioned above. Anyhow, I kept telling her to poop. She loves to hang out in her birthday suit while chilling on her changing pad in the bathroom. I like to expose her bottom to air to prevent diaper rash. All of the sudden I heard an explosion. She had pooped so much! I had a spare diaper under her but it didn't help at all. Her legs were covered, her feet were covered, the changing pad was covered. Randy came to help but we didn't know where to start. We ended up washing her bottom in the sink which she enjoyed! At least it didn't shoot across the room. Better not jinx myself!

Lily is getting very ticklish and I'm having so much fun with it! I can tickle her neck and she will laugh out loud. If she's like her pops she's in trouble, he's ticklish everywhere. I can just say "tickle, tickle" and he will freak out.

Since I am posting today it's probably obvious that I'm at work. Posting on my lunch hour of course! I noticed the bus lot was really empty, I got a great parking spot and the bus ride was really quick. It wasn't till I got to work that someone mentioned it was President's Day. Why?Why?Why do I have to work today when no one else does? Okay that's a little dramatic, there are people out there working. But still it's not fair. Oh well, guess I'll just enjoy my quick bus ride home.

Oh by the way, Lily's 4 month check up was done last Friday as well. She weighed 13 pounds 14 ounces and was 24 and a quarter inches long! We declined the vaccinations since she was already sick. We'll have to do them in a week or so but it was nice not to deal with her getting poked 4 times! He said she's doing great (which we already knew!)

No comments: