Thursday, February 02, 2006

Is it really Thursday??

Seems like this week has taken forever! Only one more day till the weekend! We have a lot to do this weekend. Randy has projects, I need to do Lily's scrapbook. Most importantly spend time staring at our little girl. She is so darn sweet. She is starting to hold onto toys. We will put a toy out in front of her and she will try and touch it, occasionally grabbing hold. She even did a switcharoo, from one hand to the other.

For those of you that don't know we are giving our cats away. Kiki has been in her new home for a while now. We keep in contact with her new owner and sounds like Kiki really likes it there. To top it off it sounds like her new owner really likes her too! Holly's departure was delayed and as Randy informs me will be in the very near future. Saying goodbye to both cats is hard, Kiki was difficult since i had her for 11 years but I knew it had to be done since she was marking her territory in spots where Lily had laid. Holly is very sweet, bulimic, but sweet. The dogs have really enjoyed her bouts of puking but it's wearing on the ones who clean up, mostly Randy. :) Our goal is to have a cat free house. This will be really great when our family and friends that are allergic come to visit. So get visiting people!

Lily still has a boogery nose. I think she holds the world's record for having a snotty nose. Most likely it's because of day care. It's too bad she is exposed so young but at the same time it's good for her to be exposed and build up her immunity.

Just a reminder that Randy's rocket is set for launch on August 22, 2006 in New Mexico!! Sounds like a lot of people will be making the trip so it will be a lot of fun. There are tons of hotels and even campgrounds so if anyone is interested, come on down!

Okay I remembered one really, really important thing I need to do this weekend and it is...Thank you cards! I have been really bad and want to apologize to everyone! We are very grateful for all her adorable outfits, books, toys, etc. but I just can't get my act together. Unfortunately, guys don't seem to do Thank you cards. What's with that??? Kind of like remembering birthdays and anniversaries, I'm told those are girl things! Which I am pretty good about with the exception of my father in law's last birthday. Which I am still SO sorry about!! Anyhow my goal is to finish the thank you cards. I tried to think of lots of acceptable excuses, in the very beginning-- I used the excuse of having a newborn and that my spare time was filled with sleep. Pretty understandable, right? Then as she got older I figured returning to work AND having a baby was a good excuse. Then last night I thought of the best excuse....I could say I had the thank you cards all ready to be mailed but then Lily threw up on them ALL. But she didn't. So again sorry to all and the thank you is in the mail, on Monday!!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Wow. All that to do this weekend plus hanging out and playing games with us on Saturday, AND having your in-laws come to town Sunday. That's a heck of a weekend! We should do lunch tomorrow to get it started right :).

Jenni said...

Too bad I'm just reading your lunch invite now! Oh well, we always have next week!