Monday, February 06, 2006

My poor husband...he's a Seahawk's fan...enough said. We're big superbowl party hosts and have been for years. This year was a family party since the in-laws arrived and SIL and BIL with 3 kids came over. I am not a Seahawk fan but as a supportive wife I do feel bad for my hubby.

My weekend was filled up with cleaning but my house doesn't seem that clean. Not sure how that happened. On Friday night we went out on a date!! We dropped our 2nd cat, Holly, off at our friend's house. She was exploring the whole time we were there. Our friend, Money, was very excited to get her so that helps me adjust. Then we went out to dinner. It was fun to be alone together. I also had my first strawberry daquiri for over a year. It was yummy! My SIL reported a fun night babysitting so overall it was a great first date.

On Saturday we went to our niece's basketball game. She's 8 so it was very entertaining! The kids would double dribble and seriously run with the ball in their hands. Quite hilarious! Saturday night we went to our friend's house for board games, food and drinks. Not sure if it's because half the people are astrophysicists or something else but they like to play "weird" games. I normally reject trying these "weird" games and opt for Cranium, Taboo, etc. We had fun as always and the girls beat the guys in Taboo pretty bad. Lily did great, she went to sleep at their house at her normal bed time and slept through the ride home at 2AM and transfer to her crib. It was a little rough when she woke up for her normal feeding at 6AM and I only had a few hours of sleep but we made it.

Lily was very happy when her grandparents arrived. She laughed quite a bit for them. She is home with them today and probably will be for the rest of this week. Maybe I can talk them into visiting me at lunch time so I can see her during the day!

2 comments:

Staci said...

That would be so cool if you could get your in-laws to bring Lily down for lunch! I love when something breaks up the day like that, and what better than a visit with your baby girl. I'd be totally jealous.

I'm glad you guys could come over Saturday night. We had a great time with everyone!

Meredith said...

It was great to see you on Saturday night! Lily is such a sweet little baby. You're so lucky! :)