Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why work when one can shop?

Couldn't write at lunch time, had to shop instead! It's so nice working within walking distance to shops. Didn't buy anything but enjoyed escaping my office. It's very nice outside, over 50 degrees. Much better than the single digits that haunted us most of last week. Just to give you all out of staters an idea of this crazy Colorado weather, Sunday until later next week it's expected to be in the 60's! Not a big surprise that everyone around me is sick with the weather going from one extreme to another.

Talk about being sick or in my case staying healthy, I had my first shot of wheat grass today. My friend got one and they had extra so I tried it. Not horrible but the orange slice afterward helped a lot. Sadly but responsibily that was my first shot in well over a year.

Last night was filled with entertaining Lily, baking cookies for her day care and cleaning like a maniac! Lily was a good sport. At one point I put her in a stroller, not the cheap umbrella one and not our big travel system-something in the middle of them. I pushed her around the house as I cleaned. It worked pretty well for a while. Everything works well but there is a stopping point. Or as my husband calls "The hashbrown limit." He is referring to eating but I suppose it works for most anything. It's stopping right before you reach the point of no return. Once Lily starts fussing I know to change her environment before it's out of control. She can take the swing for about 30 minutes, hang out on the pak-n-play changing pad for about 10 minutes and now be strolled around the house for about 20 minutes. It's so not about me anymore.

Our friend, Donny, arrives tonight. He is loads of fun and a very happy person. Can anyone guess what Donny and Randy will be doing tomorrow? Or maybe I should ask if anyone can guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? First answer is DingDing!! snow boarding and second answer is working. Yay for me.

No comments: