Wednesday, February 01, 2006

So much for writing daily!

Okay, so I haven't been so good about keeping my blog up to date. My lovely husband reminded me to write today. Sorry for anyone that checks daily, if there is anyone that checks daily!! Our weekend went well, it was fun to spend time with Dilling, or uncle Dillhole as I now call him. I think he took more Lily pictures than I did! Monday I stayed home from work and was able to spend all day with Lily. It was very nice but also reminded me of what I miss Monday-Friday. I fooled myself into thinking that returning to work would be okay. Doesn't seem so easy these days. I have a DVD of Lily cooing and smiling that I watch all the time at work.

Lily continues to sleep through the night!! Yay! She has her dad's sleep habit of falling asleep early in the night. Cute story...last night I was in our bathroom dyeing my hair and Randy was keeping Lily entertained or so I thought...I found them both sound asleep on our bedroom floor with the space heater keeping them nice and toasty!

By the way for those that haven't seen me for a while I am now a brunette! It's fun but I will be returning to blondish hair in the near future.

My in-laws are coming to visit this Sunday. The only time they saw Lily was a few days over Thanksgiving. I hope I get to see her that week they are here! Not sure they will let her go once she smiles at them!

We will be traveling back to the midwest in early March. My nephew (who I named Dylan but they aren't sharing his name just yet) is due to be born on Feb. 6 and we will need to introduce Lily to her new cousin. My older bro called last night and said my sis-in-law was having some contractions but was still smiling. Unfortunately I didn't help much since I told him the same thing happended to us but the contractions stopped after 6 hours and I still needed to be induced 11 days late!!! I told him when he calls from now on, the first words need to be baby or no baby, even before "hello." I learned that quick with my mom. For the longest time my mom wanted grandchildren and now she is getting 2 within a few months!

My sister in law (Randy's sis) has offered her babysitting services this weekend. We might be having a date night but no definite plans. We'll see if we can leave her for the first time for a date!

No comments: