Friday, February 10, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY NIECE, KELSEY!! It's her 10th birthday on the 10th! Her Golden Birthday! Last night we went out to dinner with the family to celebrate. Then we went to SIL's house, gave Kelsey her presents, watched Beauty and the Geek, sang Happy Birthday and made it home in time for Lily's 9PM feeding. It was a lot of fun. Lily was in a great mood, smiley and just very content. I took a lot of pictures, a cute one was the in-laws lying on an air mattress with Lily, all 3 watching tv. I'm glad she was in such a good mood since it was the last night the in-laws were staying. They are driving home today and I know they will be sad to leave her.

My nephew is doing well. Last night was their first night home. I'll have to call later to see how things went. It's scary to not have the nursing staff around 24 hours! My mom figured out her digital camera and emailed pictures. He's a cutie pie!

Randy and I have a date tonight with our couch. Probably not till after Lily goes to sleep since we have to entertain and keep her awake till 9PM. We taped all of our weekly shows and have to catch up.

It snowed last night and my bus ride was 45 minutes, 15 extra minutes. Ugh! Normally I don't mind cuz I can cat nap but today I was holding a coffee drink and didn't want to fall asleep and spill it. People are grumpy on the bus as it is and would be even more if I spilled on them!

We invested in some Oragel and a teether. Lily really liked chomping on it, especially when it was cold. I also purchased a nursing privacy wrap. It was $10 at Target and I knew I had to feed Lily at the restuarant last night. I have fed her in public before, always with a blanket covering and as out of the way as possible. I'm not 100% comfortable with it but that's not the important part, it's feeding her that matters. We could give her a bottle but since we're in public I don't get to pump, have to warm up milk and well, it's just easier to breast feed. At my husband's x-mass party I was feeding her when she threw up... a lot. She kind of gagged and I had to act fast. I didn't realize till after I cleaned up her mouth that I totally exposed my breast. Not sure who saw, no one said anything. It was a brief flashing, but still a flashing. Hence the need for a privacy wrap. It worked pretty well. Probably shouldn't have pulled it out of the box and used it for the first time in public. It will take a few times getting used to but should come in handy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new nephew! That is so exciting. Please post some pictures soon so I can get my cute new-baby fix. :)

Staci said...

You'll have to tell me more about the nursing wrap... I tried getting a sling one time, but couldn't ever work it out so I returned it. But the blanket can be hard to balance over a shoulder, especially once the kid gets squirmy.