Wednesday, February 08, 2006

We don't have a Dylan...

We have a Connor!! My new nephew was born last night, weighed 6lbs 11oz and was 19.5 inches long. He has lots of brown hair. I haven't seen pictures yet but my mom is working on it. Okay, I was very wrong with his name. Randy and I tossed around Connor once or twice so good thing we didn't pick it! I really liked Cooper so it would be cute to have cousins named Cooper and Connor.

Last night was family filled with my in-laws and BIL/SIL and their 3 kiddos. We had dinner and then the girls, minus Lily and I, went shopping. Don't get me wrong I love shopping but after a day's work I was too tired. The guys, Lily and I stayed home and watched tv on our big screen. My BIL loves sports and since we have a big tv we used to watch a lot of Hawkeye football at our house. Unfortunately I had to ban my BIL from watching it at our house. He's quite the "talker" even though the referees and players can't hear him! He's getting better so I might have to un-ban him!

My niece, Kelsey, is turning 10 on Friday. I always want to be the aunt that buys fun things for birthdays. I try not to buy clothes since kids don't get too excited about clothes. I love when they are too young to notice, then I buy them since I love shopping for cute little outfits. But now she's growing up and a little more into clothes. I decided to buy a toy and an outfit. It's funny how kids are these days, it seems easier to just give them money which they would love, but where's the fun in that?? I might give them money for Valentine's Day. The only other option is candy really and that's not the greatest gift to give.

After the first of the year, Randy and I started a budget. We tried budgeting before but this is different. We figured out how much went to bills, house, etc. and then set up different amounts to be spent on groceries, gas, misc., etc. It's hard but fun at the same time. Like a little challenge to spend within our means! It really is true that you spend what you make. Or occasionally spend more, hence the budget!

Lily has been laughing a lot lately. Grandma McE. can really get her going. It's been nice having them watch her during the day. Tomorrow the plan is to visit me at work with Lily and go to lunch. I am very excited about it!

No comments: